The North Face
Easton Town Center, Columbus, Ohio
The North Face – Brookfield
Brookfield Square Mall, Brookfield, WisconsinDownload PDF
The North Face developed the cairn* merchandising concept to add to its customer’s retail experience. The cairns provide dynamic height to product displays within its stores that serve to identify the three core product categories and merchandising areas.
m Coy Group collaborated with The North Face and its retail designers to develop a series of cost effective, easy to replicate and quick to install cairn display units for its new and re-merchandised stores. Working from photographs and concept sketches, three cairn display types were developed, each containing unique locally sourced wood, faux stone or metal features with an integrated multimedia display.
m Coy Group solved key challenges on this project: significantly reduce the on site installation time from three weeks to one day by creating a sculptural display system that is fabricated off site, disassembled for shipping and then installed on site in one day; and reduce the heavy weight of natural stone cairns by creating and using lightweight faux stone to replace natural stone.
Services that m Coy Group provided for this project include:
- Concept Development;
- Fixture Development & Cost Effective Integrity-Based Value Engineering™ for Fabrication and Installation;
- Material Specification & Product Testing;
- Multi-Media Integration; and
- Fabrication, Logistics and Installation Support.
* Cairns are structures created with natural materials, erected in unnatural ways to mark mountain biking and hiking trails and other cross-country trail blazing especially in mountain regions at or above the tree line. The most common cairn material is stone.
m Coy Group was selected for this high profile assignment because of our reputation for attention to detail, our commitment to quality, our commitment to get the job done on time as designed and our capability to work with a variety of materials and technologies.